Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Winter is in the air! Guest Blogger Today!

A little bit of Christmas......

Hello everyone,

Firstly let me introduce to you who I am! My name is Nicola Jayne, mostly known as NJ in the Crafting World! I have made cards for around 8 years now, but I also love to scrapbook, and make altered art items too. I am on various design teams and I had the pleasure of accepting my post as design team member for Sherri Baldy. It came as a surprise to be asked and was certainly out of the blue, but I am really happy to be on the team.

So this is my very first post as a design team member for the SCRAPBOOK STAMP SOCIETY
The digi stamp I have used has no name yet  but the number of her is 437 and she is by Sherri Baldy and you can buy this lovely image by clicking on HERE

I have coloured my image using Letraset Flexmarkers and Promarkers. I have used snowflake punches to embellish, the papers are some I already had in my craft stash. I have also used something that I bought just the other day, it is Pinflair Ice Diamond which is actually really really fine flakes of glass. It doesn't feel sharp though. I thought it just finished of the larger snowflakes perfectly and around the feet of the lovely image!

 
The colours I have used are:
 
Skin: Flexmarker's - Antique White ~ Tea Rose ~ Dusky Pink ~ Rose Peach
Eyes: Flexmarker's - Saddle Brown ~ Nutmeg ~ Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen
Hair: - Flexmarker's - Light Fawn ~ Nutmeg
Promarkers - Caramel ~ Raw Sienna
Clothes & Shoes: Promarker's - Apricot ~ Amber ~ Gold ~ Poppy ~ Berry Red ~ Metallic Marker Copper
Holly: Promarker's - Berry Red ~ Forest Green
Flexmarker - Chartreuse
Background: Promarker Warm Grey 1
 
I loved colouring this image. I chose these colours as I wanted to stay away from the traditional red & green of Christmas for a change!
 
I hope you have enjoyed reading my first post for the Scrapbook Stamp Society.
 
Pop back soon to see more wonderful design team creations,
 
Have fun and happy crafting,
lots of love
NJ XXXX

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me as your guest blogger today. I loved making this card, love Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card the image is coloured beautifully and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just fabulous! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a cutie. Beautiful Card .
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a suggestion for the new digi girl - Tess -I love your beautiful digis!!

    ReplyDelete